How to NOT get Caught

Virendar

Quick Questions:

1. How can Jelsoft catch you using a nulled copy?

2. What will they do ? What can they do ?

3. What can I do to prevent them from catching my nulled copy

GermanPlaya

1. They got a full list of websites using their software and if they found your website and they don't see it on the list

2. Then they will send you a notice to buy a license or take down your site (your Host have to take down your Site)

3. Offshore Hosting

BUT WHY IS EVERYBODY SCARED RIGHT NOW ??? BUY A LEGIT LICENSE AND DL THE EXPENSIVE ADD-ONS HERE !!!

Virendar

for #2...my host will take down my entire site? or just the vb forums

and

offshore hosting is out of the question

I recently bought a BlueHost package

Anything else I could do to "hide" my nulled vB ?

hossain024

Virendar said:

and

bluehost isn't an offshore, so u r in risk
hoping Jelsoft will not find u, until ur forum become much populer or someone report jelsoft against u. ya, there's a report system on jelsoft...so dont tell anyone that ur site is using null script :D

but better to buy a legal licence
its only $180
but u can buy my licence (3 month use), i'll sell it at $130

Virendar

what is this i hear about editing the footer and header or something...and that is suppose to make it harder for jelsoft to find u :\

GermanPlaya

no, if you edit the footer or header it's much easier, because just a few poeple buy a branding free license, so they don't have to search that much...

magnum

GermanPlaya said:
no, if you edit the footer or header it's much easier, because just a few poeple buy a branding free license, so they don't have to search that much...

So what you mean by that is if I edit the footer, then it will easily caught? How long can I use the nulled vb before jelsoft caught it?

GermanPlaya

magnum said:
So what you mean by that is if I edit the footer, then it will easily caught? How long can I use the nulled vb before jelsoft caught it?

there is no answer for this question. maybe they never catch you...

if u edit the footer (remove copyright) or you do something else, they will see it at your source code of your homepage (everybody can see that)...

Tobi

Virendar said:

and

If your host will receive a DMCA complaint then they have to take down your entire site and most probably ban you from that host. If they receive a DMCA report then they know that you are against the law and they can't just let you get loose. Most [if not all] onshore hosting companies do not allow using nulled scripts in their TOS so your account should be banned.

The easiest way [I think] to have your nulled vB up and running is to get an offshore host. But if you don't, well, take the risk.

ghfever

I currently run my vBulletin forums on a virtual dedicated server via GoDaddy. GoDaddy has told me before they can't go into my site without my permission, so would they be able to take down my site if it was ever caught?

Tobi

ghfever said:
I currently run my vBulletin forums on a virtual dedicated server via GoDaddy. GoDaddy has told me before they can't go into my site without my permission, so would they be able to take down my site if it was ever caught?

Did they say they can't or they will not?

arr0w

BlueHost will probably suspend your account if they discover you're hosting a nulled vB.

If they find your forum, there's no way to stop them from knowing you're using a nulled vB, they'll simply check your domain and if it's not registered on their DB, they'll contact you.