how to make html pages time out

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,<br />
<br />
I would like to develop pages which have the ability to last for a pre-determined time or date. I would like to display some pages for 12months but I am not sure how to take them offline automatically (as I am not 100% convinced that I will remember in exactly 12 months time which pages should no longer be displayed).<br />
<br />
thanks in anticipation.........<!--content-->What server side scripts are at your disposal? You can use the server system time and match it up with the time you created the page or the time you want it to no longer be accessible and then just tell the user this page no longer exists if the page is not supposed to, would not be very hard either. I would not use java script for this though, because if the user disabled java script or does not have java script he can still get to the page.<!--content-->PeOfEo - thanks very much.<br />
<br />
I'm not too sure about server side scripts, do you mean cgi scripts?<br />
<br />
I have configured (is this the correct term?) a couple of cgi scipts previously for simple fillable forms etc. so I don't see cgi being to big an issue (so long as it's free to Download <!--more-->)....<br />
<br />
I don't have access to PHP or ASP but do have a cgi bin, the server is a windows server with an XP platform. I'm developing the site in dreamweaver.<br />
<br />
any further help would be great,<br />
thanks again.<!--content-->

Back