How to isolate server disaster script in PHP?

ICE-FOX

Oh my goodness. I never thought that I will need to ask you this. But unfortunately yes, I need to! I have a PHP written script of my own that uses ffmpeg-php. And ffmpeg-php is a bastard. For some input it works ok, but for some it crashes my whole PHP and server throws Internal Server Error 500. I've tried several times to update ffmpeg-php, ffmpeg itself and so on, but when for some input it works in version 0.5 in 0.6 it wont work. And what i need is be sure that rest of the script will be processed correctly. And now it does not, because when it comes to run toGDImage() on movie frame I have Internal Server Error 500 and no feedback why from any source.So for peace of mind of my users I decided that I need to isolate this part of script that messes with ffmpeg-php. I need a way to assure that if something will go terribly wrong in this part, it rest will go on.Try catch does not work because this is not a warning, nor a fatal error, it is a horrible server-disaster. So what are your suggestions?I think about putting this script into another file called ffmpeg-php-process.php and call it via HTTP and read result, if it is Internal Server Error 500 - I will know that it was not ok.Or are there any other, more neat ways to isolate disaster scripts in PHP?Ps. Don't write that I need to diagnose or debug or find the source of the error. I'm not a damn beginner and I'm not a ffmpeg dev to mess in it's code, I need to make my users safe now, and it's everything that i care now.

Back