How to handle XML to database in periodic intervals?

ramirezmaroon

I created some scripts which generate the data at intervals. Say, for each hour some set of data is generated. The generated data is represented in the form of text/XML. I haven't chosen the format to store. But currently I am thinking as XML. If at each hour an XML file generated based on test results, I want to store the hour instance in a databse table row. If it is TXT format, then i have to parse the document. The better would be an XML. If I add the each horu instance as new node to XML, end of the day, I want to move the complete day result to database. If not, each hour instance I have to make a new XML file and push the data into database. Can you suggest me the best way of doing it. I am confused whether to push the data at hour instance or end of the day. I don't have any supported API in the scripting to connect database directly. I am planning to write a java program and trigger it end of the day to push the complete day data into database. I hope this topic would be intresting to others. :)

Back