How to format data in a table

webmasterbeta

I have few items in xml. The number of items can change. I want to displaythese items in a table format, how can I do using XSLT?Ex:<subroutine><script id="1"><name>test</name></script><script id="2"><name>test2</name></script><script id="3"><name>test3</name></script><script id="4"><name>test4</name></script><script id="5"><name>test5</name></script></subroutine>I want to display above as<table><tr><td>1</td><td>2</td><td>3</td></tr><tr><td>4</td><td>5</td><td></td></tr></table>Any suggestions how to do it.My thought process on how to do is below but I am stuck and don't have anyclue what to do next<xsl:template match="subroutine"><div id="Subroutines"><H2 align="center">Avenue Scripts</H2><table border="1"><xsl:for-each select="script"><xsl:if test="position() mod 4 = 1"><tr><xsl:call-template name="srtd"/></tr></xsl:if></xsl:for-each></table><xsl:apply-templates/></div></xsl:template><xsl:template name="srtd"><td><xsl:value-of select="@id"/></td><td><xsl:value-of select="@id"/></td><td><xsl:value-of select="@id"/></td><td><xsl:value-of select="@id"/></td></xsl:template>

Back