How to explicitly disable TLS with PEAR Mail factory?

cathysquirrel

Using PHP, I'm attempting to route email through AuthSMTP (a hosted SMTP service). The problem is that the PEAR mail factory automatically tries to negotiation a TLS connection with the server. Rather than simply ignoring the attempt, AuthSMTP throws an error. I need a way to explicitly tell the Mailer class not to try to use TLS. Any suggestions?\[code\] $from = "Example <[email protected]>"; $to = $email; $subject = "This is an email"; $body_text = "plain text here"; $body_html = "<h1>HTML here!</h1>"; $headers = array ('From' => $from, 'To' => $to, 'Subject' => $subject); $mime = new Mail_mime('rn'); $mime->setTXTBody($body_text); $mime->setHTMLBody($body_html); $body = $mime->get(); $hdrs = $mime->headers($headers); $host = "mail.authsmtp.com"; $port = 26; $username = "my_username"; $password = "whatever_password"; $mailer = Mail::factory('smtp', array ('host' => $host, 'auth' => true, 'port' => $port, 'username' => $username, 'password' => $password)); if (PEAR::isError($res)) { throw new Exception($res->getMessage()); } else { return true; } \[/code\]AuthSMTP is giving me the following error:\[code\]SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 428, response: 4.0.0 Your account is using SSL - either disable it in your email client or enable it at http://control.authsmtp.com)\[/code\]

Back