<style><br />
body { margix: 0px; }<br />
</style><br />
<body><br />
N<br><br />
Test<br />
</body><br />
<br />
Now, when I print this page to a file using Generic/Text printer, I get a 'space' (0x20) between the 'N' and the linefeed. Also, I get a carriage-return (0x0D) before the 'N'. How can I make it to print without the space after 'N'?<br />
<br />
ps. I need this to send some ascii commands to a label printer from the browser over an intranet.<br />
<br />
Thanks & Regards...<!--content-->not sure but you can try to make it<br />
<br />
margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;<br />
<br />
or you can look into @import for printing or media for printing.<br />
<br />
but I don't think this is anyhting you have a choice to adjust. it is all how windows and the printer corelate to print.<!--content-->First of all you can use negative values with margins... but proceed at your own risk.<br />
<br />
Have you considered that your browser will have print properties as MS Word does. Have a look at these and see if they are set to default values and reset them to 0 (if you can).<!--content-->Thanks for all those who responded. I solved the problem by using tables instead of <br> for new lines. Below is the code that I ended up with. No extra spaces at the end of lines. The XHTML spec says that carriage-returns are to be treated as whitespaces. Maybe that's why IE was adding a space whenever there is a <br>.<br />
<br />
<head><br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
body {margin: 0;}<br />
</style><br />
</head><br />
<body><br />
<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=0><br />
<tr><td height=10></td></tr><br />
<tr><td>N</td></tr><br />
<tr><td>Test</td></tr><br />
</table><br />