How to do this ?

liunx

I would like to create a website like httpme.com, of which have some content on the top of page and a forum at the bottom. I don't want to use frame because it's a bit tricky... <br />
I want my site to have everything in the first page(index.html) <br />
How do I do that? <br />
Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated. <br />
<br />
Ray<!--content-->You could use an iframe which is much nicer than traditional frames. You could also use some kind of server side includes.<!--content-->how do you do it? well you code everything in that first page.... <br />
<br />
maybe I am not understanding what you mean.<!--content-->erm depending on the forum, you could either call in the forum page in an iframe like ianmh said, or i know in such forums as invision you can change what it is shown in the header through the board's admin.<!--content-->Frames! That's my problem:D. I don't want to use frames because it's not search engine friendly.<br />
So, if I got a forum and want to have the similar header AND I don't want to edit EVERY scripts of the forum. Is there an easier way to do it?<br />
If I edit the forum script, that will be to much work when I update the forum to newer version.<br />
Any ideas???:confused:<!--content-->By the way, what's an iFrame:P? <br />
It's different from normal frame? Where can I find it on Dreamweaver MX?<!--content-->iframe = floating frame, don't use dreamweaver so i don''t know sorry, try looking for a tutorial on google :)<br />
<br />
In invision, for example you access the admin, and setup and then you access the forum header setup which is basically a window where you type in your html, you don't have to mess around with the forum scripts or anything, when you update the forum just copy and paste your 'header' html to the new forum's header setup.<!--content-->leoo24, I thought "iframe" stands for inline frame...?<!--content-->oops, it does :) it's also called a floating frame though<!--content-->

Back