How to do classic ASP debugging without Visual Studio (or any other 3rd party tools)?

PanCracyXYC

I am supporting an application written in classic ASP with IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003. I have NO priviledges to add or configure any of the software on this purely development use server, so I cannot install any 3rd party tools. I have requested and requested Visual Studio, but the system admin is old school and says we don't need that for classic ASP development. So... we're stuck with Notepad and IE 7.The sys admin says that both client-side and server-side debugging is turned on in IIS and that IIS was restarted after the change. However, I can't get any response from the script debugger when I insert a stop statement or a 1/0 expression. (I do get appropriate error messages on the page - just no debugger.)I have both checkboxes cleared in Internet Options/Advanced so IE and Other debugging will be allowed.What else do I need? What am I missing? Maybe the script debugger isn't installed? How can I tell?

Back