How to Decompose XML to Relational DB with the help of tool available by Microsoft?

MCCAIN08

My organisation is using Adlib software to store the information about all the resources we have.
My project is to make those data available to visitors by means of a website which gives visitors an interface to make search on those resources.The API's given by Adlib vendor gives me XML Click this to see an example of xml those API returns. My project needs to decompose the XML to MS SQL Relational Database. The problem is according to me the XML that I get is Unstructured and I am not able to decide what should I use to decompose like Open XML, select for XML, Xquery or anything else (that I am not aware of!).
I just want to maintain the local database so that the Website can then use it as a read-only purpose only and visitors can search the resources. <adlibXML><recordList><record priref="1" selected="False"><Acquisition_source><acquisition.source>Parker, Mrs</acquisition.source><acquisition.source.lref>2</acquisition.source.lref><acquisition.source.type/></Acquisition_source><Alternative_number><alternative_number>1964.517</alternative_number><alternative_number.type>Collection number</alternative_number.type></Alternative_number><collection>TEXTILES</collection><collection.lref>1</collection.lref><Condition><condition.date>1999-01</condition.date><condition.notes><value lang="">Bottom right corner, worn and now frayed.</value></condition.notes></Condition><current_location>Room 20 - Cube</current_location><current_location.lref>3500</current_location.lref><current_location.type/><Description><description>The top is in white cotton with pieced and appliqu

Back