How to create a space between a checkbox and the text?

I am only and HTML rookie and I am making a simple checklist for people to print out and check off. Here is the HTML line I am using:<br />
<INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="NAME">Task 1<br />
<br />
I want there to be a good amount of space between the checkbox and the task text. If i just tab it over it will only go so far when I look at the page. What else can I add into this line to do so???<!--content-->The first thing you want to do is markup "Task 1" as the label for its associated form control. Then you can use the style attribute to control the visual spacing between them.<input id="name" style="margin-right: 10px" type="checkbox" name="name"><label for="name">Task 1</label><!--content-->I personally wouldn't bother with all of that, here's your script:<br />
<INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="NAME">Task 1<br />
<br />
what I would do is put a few of these ( & nbsp; ) in between the ...AME"> and the Task 1, without the brackets and spaces of course, each one is 1 space so you can make the gap as big or as small as you want.<!--content-->The only purpose the non-breaking space is supposed to server is simply to prevent the browser from wrapping text at that point. Adding extra visual spacing between elements is a purely stylistic issue and thus should not be implemented with HTML, whos only job is to structurally mark up your content. This is a situation when you have the choice of what you can do and what you should do.<br />
<br />
And the label should always be there.<!--content-->

Back