How to create a HTML page of a large excel sheet

liunx

Hi,<br />
I am trying to create a web application of a timesheet. This is at present an excel sheet which is printed out and faxed. I need to replace it to be sent online. I was wondering if an HTML form would be the right one, for it involves large input data. I would appreciate any suggestion as to how large input data is handled in the internet.<!--content-->the best way that i know is by using asp and vb code on your page to input the data and to refresh the data etc.<br />
<br />
Come to think of it, Kevin is right... but the question is a bit confusing. Tell me something, do you just want to get alot of information from the user or do you want to get some information that may be long like a paragraph or something? How about you give us an example of what exactly it is that you want help with.<!--content-->I'm not completely sure I understand your question, but one page with a very large form might not work well. You might need to break it up into several pages if there is large amounts of data to be processed into the form and sent over the internet. <br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Kevin<!--content-->I would go the easy way, and put it out as a protected excel file, so that the visitors open it in excel, fill it out there, and then email it to you. Most users have excel, don't they?<br />
<br />
Other solutions sound like an awful lot of work to me.<!--content-->Hi aslefo,<br />
What do you mean by putting it out as a protected excel file ? Is it that the user will Download <!--more--> it every time, fill it out and send it back?<!--content-->Yes, that's what I meant.<br />
They don't actually have to Download <!--more--> it every time, they can save it locally, you know.<br />
By protecting, I mean specifying which cells the user can modify, then protecting the others.<br />
<br />
A pretty simple solution, but unless you are experienced in other languages, probably the most appropriate.<br />
<br />
-Aslefo<!--content-->

Back