How to Calculate The Page Ranking

Jargynear

How can I Calculate the page ranking in numaric, I have google toolbar at my browser.I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but if you want to get the number like (5/10) just go to the page that you want to rank and after it loads put your mouse pointer over the green bar in the google toolbar and after a second or two it will show a little bit of text like a "tool tip" that will say something like:"PageRank is Google's measure of the importance of this page (5/10)"To add to that, right now google is in the middle of some changes so your PR may not show and may give you a page rank of '0'. If your site is showing that , it does not necesarrily mean that you have no page rank, just sit, relax and wait until google settles down.If you're looking for a way to calculate your sites PR, so that you can test different link structures, there are a number of PageRank calculators on the web ... which of course you can find in google.The calculators can take a bit of time to learn, and produce numbers that aren't the same as what your toolbar shows.Or you can email me about the script we have that does it in mass quantities.The hardest part was caculating the checksum.You know how to calculate the checksum of website without simply watching the packets that go accross the network (Such as when you request a website with your browser that has the google toolbar installed) ? I am talking about the checksum that is needed to figure out the PageRank of a website without having to use the Google Toolbar.I heard the algorithm that they use to calculate the checksum is self updating in the toolbar and it might change from time to time. Do you have to figure it all out again when something like this happens. Has it happened?The last time it was changed was in May of this year. Was a year before that that they did it last.I can send you a link to our script live in PM if you like mate, if you have doubts we did it Sure, I would be happy to take a glance at it. Mind sharing how you figured out the algorithm used to calculate it ?will send you answers to both in PM.Could I be PM'ed on this too? I looked breifly into doing this, and started to watch the packets. I looked at the checksum, and tried to crack it by only trying the usual checksums, but didn't get it. I would like to learn how you cracked it!deadz, I dont tell anyone the exact formula, but will say it is an odd variant similar to crc32, with an extra number thrown in for good measure.You can ask bigwebmaster if my system works.Thanks ... that's totally awesome! I'm looking forward to trying it out, hopefully this week!Your script takes a spread sheet or text file full of URLs and computes the checksum, sends it to google as IE would, and then records the plain text page rank that comes back? Pretty cool.Hi!That pagerank technique sounds totally interesting (not to mention useful!). I was wondering, how effective its worked out for you!? Needless to say, I'd also be interested at looking into it.dr nick feel free to drop me an email anytime. As to how it works, why not ask seguru.net who shows true and proper PR values for every expired domain they have listed also i can show you our online example, simply enter a list of one url per line and press submitthen check what it gives as PR against yer own google toolbar. Nice tip.