How to add button using layout both defined in the main.xml?

I created the button in the main.xml file and initialized it in the activity file but I am not sure how to get the button to appear on screen using the layout defined in the xml. Can anyone help me with this?\[code\]public class MyTasteActivity extends Activity implements View.OnClickListener{ @Override public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) { super.onCreate(savedInstanceState); TextView tv = new TextView(this); tv.setText("Hello, Android"); Button collectionBtn = (Button) findViewById(R.id.collectionBtn); } public void collectionBtn(View v) { Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), "Collection was pressed", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show(); } public void onClick(View v) {}}\[/code\]XML File: \[code\] <LinearLayout android:layout_width="310px" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:orientation="vertical" > <Button android:id="@+id/collectionBtn" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:onClick="collectionBtn" android:text="Collection" /> <Button android:id="@+id/button2" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="Button 2" /> <Button android:id="@+id/button3" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="Button 3" /> <EditText android:id="@+id/txt" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="300px" /> <Button android:id="@+id/button4" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="Button 4" /> <Button android:id="@+id/button5" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="Button 5" /> </LinearLayout></ScrollView>\[/code\]

Back