how to add a shopping cart?

liunx

I am creating a website and was wondering how could i add a shopping cart/secure order process to the site?<br />
<br />
What are the processes involved and what software is required?<br />
<br />
Hoipe someone can help?<br />
<br />
Thank you.<!--content-->bash,<br />
Honestly this is a loaded question. There are a ton of things you could do for a shopping cart, but the catch is html will only make the look and feel of the frontend. It will not do any of the data storage, security, etc etc. There are several that you can buy already coded, and get fairly close (sometimes even close) to what you want. <br />
Some of these are open-source (which usually makes them free), some of them are a bit pricy, and some are reasonable. I could include a large list of them, but really it would probably fit your needs better if you were to just run google and look for yourself. Because you know better then anybody what you need.<br />
There is one last alternative, but it would require a bit of learning on your part. You can code these type of pages using ASP, PHP, or Perl (there are many others). PHP is my personal favorite (just cause I'm biased.:D ).<br />
Hope this helps.<!--content-->Thank you for replying and thank you for the knowledge you have passed on.<br />
<br />
Think i'm going to start PHP :-)<!--content-->

Back