How to add a disclaimer above the comments form?

butler312

I'm looking for a good, standards friendly way to alter the default comments form, such that there is a disclaimer immediately below the "Reply" header. I only want this disclaimer to appear above the comments form itself, not meerly when viewing comments.This thread ( http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...mer-text-above-the-submit-button-in-a-webform ) partially answers what I want but I'm not sure about how to apply the solution specifically to the comments form. I know that this could be a rank amateur question, but any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.Edit:I've tried implementing hook_form_alter as suggested and have managed to get the disclaimer to appear within the form just fine. One problem: the first draft of my disclaimer seems to be trapped above the comment form when replying to a comment. Clearing the cache, resetting the theme registry (on every page load, thanks to devel module) all have no effect.\[code\]Reply to Comment:[first version of disclaimer] // won't go away, ever[comment form][current version of disclaimer] // this one is fine[submit button]\[/code\]Any help here would again be most appreciated. Edit (redux):Implemented the template.php centric solution. It was able to work just fine without any of the external effects as described above. Still not sure about a solution to the above problem. Thanks everyone.

Back