How hosting place of a website related to SEO?

Denisax

How much important is it to shift my webhosting to my country in order to get good local search rankings?

I just heard to have backlinks from country specific domains to get top results in SERP. Please share what you know and think. Yes it can have importance to some extent but the second idea which can have more powerful and important effects is getting links from the country specific websites. Because even after shifting your hosting account, you would be needing some links from web pages having the domain extensions as the country specific markets you are targeting. Your site will rank better where your IP address is located than 10,000 miles away. This is the local/geographical emphasis that Google has introduced in its shift to more customized SERP.

I have sites with IP in Europe and they rank better locally than in US. And what if the site is multilanguage - for countries in America, Europe, Asia...? Quote: ow hosting place of a website related to SEO? Dont think hosting effecting SEO except hosting realibilty.. other wise the site is localy hosted or other country do not feel any diff. but some IP is restricted in some countries...this only has to care.. but US or UK based IP is accessible in all the world i think it does affect search engine ranking but not that much i rather focus on getting quality backlinks from a local hosted websites rather than transferring your website to a new hosting. thanks for your opinions. What I see is I rank for one good keyword in my country but I'm no where in google.com.

How to get links from country specific domains? If your hosting server located within your country, that is one advantage to gain good ranking in your local search.