how do you optimize your site for US traffic?

Vindictive

how do you optimize your site for US traffic?
can you guys give me an advice to get lots of traffic from US please. You may consider following these simple ways.

1. Use common domain tld such as com/net/biz/org/info and not a country specific domain such as .co.uk / .co.jp / com.sa / .ca

2. Get your website hosted with web hosting company based in US.

3. Get backlinks from relevant backlinks based in US.

4. Write content toward US visitor.

ex. if your website is about movie then you should write contents about Hollywood and not Bollywood. thanks for the input. dyou know which socialbookmarking site that's popular in US? Quote: Originally Posted by turf thanks for the input. dyou know which socialbookmarking site that's popular in US? I would give a vote to Digg.com and Twitter.com for now There are plenty of social bookmark used to be popular in US but not now.

You may also consider for del.cio.us and Reddit too. You didn't say what your site is about or why you want to focus on US traffic.
Quote: Originally Posted by Puripong 1. Use common domain tld such as com/net/biz/org/info and not a country specific domain such as .co.uk / .co.jp / com.sa / .ca I respectfully disagree with this if you are doing something general or of worldwide interest. If you are doing your search engine optimization well then you can get on page 1 without any tricks or huge expenditure.

e.g. I have .ca domains. I can show up in the first page of .com and .ca. Most visitors are from USA, Canada and other English speaking nations.
Quote: Originally Posted by Puripong 2. Get your website hosted with web hosting company based in US. This little factor can help if you want to be in country specific search results.
Quote: Originally Posted by Puripong 3. Get backlinks from relevant backlinks based in US. I'd say highly respected relevant backlinks no matter where they are.
Quote: Originally Posted by Puripong 4. Write content toward US visitor.

ex. if your website is about movie then you should write contents about Hollywood and not Bollywood. The Hollywood vs Bollywood example is good.

Also consider that there is American and British English spelling of some words. If English is your second language, it will depend on where you learnt English as to which version you were taught.

As for the social media aspect, it depends on where your target audience hangs out and what it is you are trying to promote.
Quote: If you have done any research on how to market your business you will see a repeated theme, determine your target audience. This holds true when you are developing your website also. Building a business website with the target audience in mind will do much better in the search engines which equates to improved sales. Other related websites will find you also and add a link to your business’ website. This improves your position in the search engine results through incoming links. Determine Target Audience

If you had taken the time to do some website planning you would know this, what keywords/phrases they use and what they want to see.
Quote: When you decide to have a website for your business or personal interest there are a number of things you have to consider before you start actually building your website. Website Planning Overview Be sure to have relevant and quality content on your site! Another important thing to consider is the keyphrase that you pick. Make sure that you check out the "local search volume" as opposed to the "global average" when using the G keyword tool. Pick a phrase that has high search results here in the US. I always choose keywords which is popular in particular region that I want to target. I think you might want to promote your business via Google local business center. Of course, building backlinks from US sites would be really helpful for your SERP on Google US engine.

Thanks, You can also start classified submissions for US specific sites. seo is simple for more US traffic.Getting traffic to website depends on how well we are ranked on search engines. The higher ranked for preferred keywords, then we will receive
more traffic,more sales. use the google webmaster tools and in the option select the country you need A simple way to optimized your US site if your in other country are:
-Used the actual target area of your keywords
-create good content of article of your site focusing on your city or states
-submit directories with complete information with address, tel# zip code etc.
-create maps from Google and webmaster tools with real complete details directly from site.
-for directory submission, submit an email address from your site not the