How do I write form data to text file

liunx

I am having trouble figuring out how to write data to a text file. here is my form code:<br />
<br />
<form><br />
form name="form1" method="post" action="search_results.asp"><br />
<input type="text" name="searchtext" value="Search Database" size="16" onClick="if(this.value == 'Search Database') { this.value = ''; }"><br />
<input type=image src=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"/images/search.gif" border="0" name="Submit"><br />
</form><br />
<br />
I want to write the data that is being searched for into a text file while still being able to search database. Reason being I want to keep track of the search words my users are using to find stuff on my page. Thanks in advance for any help with this. :D<!--content-->as far as i know you would need a server side language (ASP, PHP, etc.) to do this.<br />
<br />
Gaz.<!--content-->let me post this on the asp board then<!--content-->Just letting any readers know this post has been answered on the ASP board. I did not mean to duplicate request, but I did and had results on the other board. that want happen again.<!--content-->No probs, I would have given you an ASP answer but I wasn't sure what server-side language you wanted to use :)<br />
<br />
gaz.<!--content-->

Back