how do i select entity from a different table?

DiMoNd

i have a commenting system where i am storing the News ID in the comments table to refer and to fetch the value from the newstable, my two table is like this.New Table,\[code\]CREATE TABLE `news` (`id` int(20) NOT NULL auto_increment,`timestamp` int(20) NOT NULL,`title` varchar(255) NOT NULL,`content` text NULL,`pic_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL,`pic_brief` varchar(255) NOT NULL,`pic_detail` varchar(255) NOT NULL,PRIMARY KEY (`id`)) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;\[/code\]Comments table\[code\]CREATE TABLE `comments` (`id` int(20) NOT NULL auto_increment,`timestamp` int(20) NOT NULL,`title` varchar(255) NOT NULL,`name` varchar(50) NOT NULL,`email` varchar(50) NOT NULL,`phone` int(11) NULL,`location` varchar(50) NOT NULL,`comment` text NOT NULL,`approve` tinyint(1) NOT NULL,`news_id` int(20) NOT NULL,PRIMARY KEY(`id`)) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;\[/code\]in the news_id in the comments table i am storing the id of the news, i want to make the select query from the comments table and it should select the news.title from news referring the news_id in the comments table, i did something like this.\[code\] $query = "SELECT comments.id, comments.timestamp, comments.name, comments.email, comments.phone, comments.location, comments.comment, news.title FROM comments, news ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT $from, " . COMM_POST_NUMBER;\[/code\]how do i make it to fetch only the title from news.title referring the ID from news_id in the comments table?

Back