How do I replicate a webserver's directory listing functionality?

al72

I am often tasked with making specialty websites for the professors at my university. Recently a professor asked me to create a site with nothing except links to files. I told him that would be easy because as long as the site didn't include an index all the file links would display automagically (yeah I did). To my dismay the university servers do not do what I expected them to do, and although I know it is possible to implement this listing of files for the web site in question, I do not have the authority to do it.I am in the process of making a simple PHP script that lists files and directories (and their associated download links) but I am wondering if something like this already exists that is perhaps already all polished up and ready to go. Does anyone know of such an application that I can just drop into place? Glitter is not required, but I would consider a simple one or a pretty one.Oh yeah, it needs to be in PHP or ColdFusionMy server's is running ColdFusion 7,0,2,142559 and PHP 4.3.9

Back