How Do I Load My Files For Internet

liunx

I AM LOOKING FOR A WAY ON HOW TO LOAD AND TRANSFER MY PAGES TO THE INTERNET? :o)) I AM JUST LEARNING THE TABLES,BUT NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET MY STUFF ON THE INTERNET...THX FOR ANY HELP<br />
<br />
BOB<!--content-->Do you have a host? Most hosts provide a web based upload form which you can use. I would personally reccommend getting one with ftp because you can just open your ftp in a folder and copy and paste the files into your account.<!--content-->Using CAPS is considered a bad web etiquette. Caps means you are shouting.<br />
<br />
To host a website, you will need a host. Once you have one, look at the FAQs to get info on how to set up your "public domain". For example in my site, I need to create a directory "public_html" and give it appropriate permission (chmod 755 public_html). You may or may not need to do something like this... ask the webmaster or refer to FAQ of your hosting site.<br />
<br />
Next, FTP your pages to that directory and you are good to go!<!--content-->I use a free program called FileZilla. It is one of many available that are dedicated file transfer programs.<br />
<br />
To set it up, you will need to know the host name or IP address (yoursite.com or 255.255.255.255, or similar), the site's user name & password, and the default directory on the server (usually: /public_html). All of this is available from your hosting service.<br />
<br />
Once it is set up, it gives you a window much like Windows Explorer. One side shows the files on YOUR computer, the other shows the files on the server.<br />
<br />
Just double-click the files or folders on your system that you want to send to the server & sit back.<br />
<br />
My 2 cents' worth.<!--content-->Originally posted by Aronya1 <br />
I use a free program called FileZilla. It is one of many available that are dedicated file transfer programs.<br />
<br />
To set it up, you will need to know the host name or IP address (yoursite.com or 255.255.255.255, or similar), the site's user name & password, and the default directory on the server (usually: /public_html). All of this is available from your hosting service.<br />
<br />
Once it is set up, it gives you a window much like Windows Explorer. One side shows the files on YOUR computer, the other shows the files on the server.<br />
<br />
Just double-click the files or folders on your system that you want to send to the server & sit back.<br />
<br />
My 2 cents' worth. That is an ftp client and it might not work with all hosts depending if they allow their users access to ftp. Also to do ftp you dont even need a client like this you could just open the ftp in a normal folder by typeing the url into the address bar.<!--content-->Thx for all the help you guys........i am deffinately going to try it........i am using tripod as a host for now...i use to use bravenet.....but got rid of it.........learning everyday :O))<!--content-->

Back