How do I limit the size on Form Input?

I'm constructing a course evaluation for a local university. At this time, I'm utilizing the standard HTML Form process (i.e. mailto:emailaddy) to collect the data.<br />
<br />
I have a series of multiple choice answers with assigned values (i.e. 1 - 5). I'm just using a standard TEXTBox for the students to enter their answer.<br />
<br />
Is there anyway I can limit the amount of data they can enter in each textbox? And is there anyway I can restrict the data within a certain array (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5)?<br />
<br />
Any help is greatly appreciated.<!--content-->With regards to the input text box you only need to add the maxlength attribute to limit the number of characters the user can enter, like so:<br />
<br />
<input type="text" name="whatever" maxlength="20"><br />
<br />
So here the user can only enter a maximum of 20 characters, the textbox won't allow any more than that.<br />
<br />
I don't really understand your second problem, maybe you could explain it a little bit more.<!--content-->Thanks to one and all for replying to my post.<br />
<br />
I've got the maxlength inserted throughout the evaluation. However, I can't seem to get the JavaScript portion to work.<br />
<br />
<br />
Do I place it in the <HEAD> section?<br />
<br />
I have a total of 17 questions that are scored 1-5. Do I need 17 sets of script (i.e. one for each fieldname?)<br />
<br />
Thanks again for your help.<!--content-->

Back