I want to see...<br />
<br />
Hello<br />
its him again<br />
(SPACE)<br />
don't look<br />
he might go away...<br />
(SPACE)<br />
etc etc etc etc...<!--content-->&nbsp is the code used for the space character.<!--content--><tr><td>& n b s p ;</td></tr><br />
<br />
don't include the spaces in-between each character.<!--content-->This way:<br />
<TR><TD>Hello</TD></TR> <br />
<TR><TD>its him again <br> & nbsp; <br> </TD></TR> <br />
<TR><TD>dont look</TD></TR> <br />
<TR><TD>he might go away...<br> & nbsp; <br></TD></TR> <br />
------<br />
<br> & nbsp; <br> creates an empty line.<!--content-->actually 2 empty lines that way...<!--content-->Oops. I should have figured this forum allows HTML. The code I showed just shows the space. :)<!--content-->in some cases i've had pages not want to display the additional line with just a nbsp; so i go about it this way...<br />
<br />
<table><br />
<tr><br />
<td>hello, it's the monkey again</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td height="10"></td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td>dont look or you will be frightened!</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td height="10"></td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td>and then the VW beetle falls from the sky...</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
<br />
define the cells to a height of 10 garuentees then to seperate your lines.<br />
<br />
have fun with it!<br />
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey:<!--content-->but be careful... netscape4.7 doesn't like to render td's with no content... hence the non-breaking space<!--content-->they could just use <p> or <br> tags to get the extra space below the lines......<!--content-->Originally posted by kevin <br />
they could just use <p> or <br> tags to get the extra space below the lines...... <br />
<br />
That's what I was thinking too. Is there a reason for having to use a blank space? Just using <p> tags works in both IE 5.x and Nescape 6. <br> won't work though.<!--content-->Originally posted by Dr. Web <br />
but be careful... netscape4.7 doesn't like to render td's with no content... hence the non-breaking space <br />
and the monkey learns something new on the day!<br />
<br />
thanks doc! (i still wish you went back to the old avatar)<br />
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey:<!--content-->really? You don't like spidey?<!--content-->Originally posted by Dr. Web <br />
really? You don't like spidey? <br />
i had grown to know you with the other avatar... even before the larger sizes had taken effect. i have to think after seeing the image who it is that made the post.<br />
<br />
i guess it's just another mental thing for the monkey<br />
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey:<!--content-->Originally posted by pixelmonkey <br />
<br />
thanks doc! (i still wish you went back to the old avatar)<br />
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey: <br />
<br />
:D same here, I liked that other avatar and the person who stole it does not post enough :(..<br />
<br />
netscape has had the empty TD problem for as long as I can remember... I think I might use a text only browser like lynx... could be novel :D<!--content-->

Back