How can I refresh 1/2 a page after calling a CGI script

liunx

All,<br />
<br />
This might not even be possible, but I'll drop a line anyway. I have a form, and upon submission, it calls a CGI script, make a database record, and returns to the form (e.g. history.go(-1) ). But, after going back to the form, I would like a way to refresh 1/2 the page but preserve the rest of the data (just to prevent the user from having to retype everything).<!--content-->Rather than refreshing half the page(which I doubt is even possible without the use of frames), why not just store the form information in a Session Cookie on the user's computer?<br />
-Dan<!--content-->because the information will always be different and I'm not if cookies is the road I want to go down. You are right, it's probably not possible. But thanks ...<!--content-->You could use a body onload event or an inline script to clear the desired widgets any time the page loads.<!--content-->Can you modify the CGI script? If so, submit all the page data and have the script return the entire page with the appropiate fields pre-populated.<!--content-->

Back