How can I map two side by side XML structures together via XSLT?

nickfrik

I am getting an XML file that I need to translate into another standard type. I have XSLT2 at my fingertips, and I can't control the format of either file. The first one has two sequences that use a number value to match them up. The first sequence could have 0..n of the second.An example is:Input:\[code\]<foo><structure name="items"> <item> <itemCode>1</itemCode> <itemValue>1111</itemValue> </item> <item> <itemCode>2</itemCode> <itemValue>2222</itemValue> </item></structure><structure name="subItems"> <subItem> <itemCode>1</itemCode> <subValue>12</subValue> <subType>MISC</subType> </subItem> <subItem> <itemCode>1</itemCode> <subValue>15</subValue> <subType>MISC2</subType> </subItem> <subItem> <itemCode>2</itemCode> <subValue>40</subValue> <subType>MISC</subType> </subItem></structure></foo>\[/code\]And the output I want is \[code\]<bar><items> <item> <code>1</code> <value>1111</value> <subItems> <subItem> <subValue>12</subValue> <subType>MISC</subType> </subItem> <subItem> <subValue>15</subValue> <subType>MISC2</subType> </subItem> </subItems> </item> <item> <code>2</code> <value>2222</value> <subItems> <subItem> <subValue>40</subValue> <subType>MISC</subType> </subItem> </subItems> </item> </items></bar>\[/code\]I have been unsuccessful mapping the item.itemCode to subItem.itemCode simply because the XSLT processor seems to exit the first sequence before seeing the next. I have no way to know how many I will get in either sequence, so I can't do a static map.Any ideas?Thanks in advance

Back