How can I get the list of metazones from Zend Framework's Zend_Locale?

amurphy

I'm trying to have a list of all the most common time zones for a UI component. By digging in the Zend framework I found that supplementalData.xml (used by the \[code\]Zend_Locale\[/code\] component) has a list of metazones, with prefered TZ database time zone names \[code\] <mapTimezones type="metazones"> <mapZone other="Acre" territory="001" type="America/Rio_Branco"/> <mapZone other="Afghanistan" territory="001" type="Asia/Kabul"/> <mapZone other="Africa_Central" territory="001" type="Africa/Maputo"/> <mapZone other="Africa_Central" territory="BI" type="Africa/Bujumbura"/> <mapZone other="Africa_Central" territory="BW" type="Africa/Gaborone"/> <mapZone other="Africa_Central" territory="CD" type="Africa/Lubumbashi"/> (...)\[/code\]I think that could be a nice fit for my needs and I'd like to have this list extracted.Rather than hacking my version of library I'd like to know if there is a way to get this list by normal means (there doesn't seem to be a way and this metazones info does not seem to be queried anywhere).Thanks!

Back