How are my C# and PHP decryption methods different?

ishansoni

I've inherited some C# code and need to port it to PHP. Here it is:\[code\]string key = "some key";string strEncrypted = "some encrypted string";byte[] hashedKey = new MD5CryptoServiceProvider().ComputeHash(UTF8Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(key));byte[] strToDecrypt = Convert.FromBase64String(strEncrypted);TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider tripleDES = new TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider();tripleDES.Key = hashedKey;tripleDES.Mode = CipherMode.ECB;string strDecrypted = UTF8Encoding.UTF8.GetString(tripleDES.CreateDecryptor().TransformFinalBlock(strToDecrypt, 0, strToDecrypt.Length));\[/code\]My PHP code looks like this:\[code\]$key = 'some key';$str_encrypted = 'some encrypted string';$hashed_key = md5($key, TRUE);$str_to_decrypt = base64_decode($str_encrypted);// The IV isn't used for ECB, but it prevents a warning.$iv = mcrypt_create_iv(mcrypt_get_iv_size(MCRYPT_TRIPLEDES, MCRYPT_MODE_ECB), MCRYPT_RAND); $str_decrypted = mcrypt_decrypt(MCRYPT_TRIPLEDES, $hashed_key, $str_to_decrypt, MCRYPT_MODE_ECB, $iv);\[/code\]But the two decrypted values are not the same, and I can't figure out why. I've read a lot of similar questions here and elsewhere, but none of them seem to explain the issue I'm having.I'd really appreciate any help in figuring out why the decrypted PHP string doesn't match the decrypted C# string.

Back