Hourglass during searches

liunx

I am developing web pages that sit on top of a product by EDS called TEamCenter my users want an hourglass to appear when the system is processing (searching, jumping to another page etc). Can I do than and How do I do that?Thanks<!--content-->Well you can make the page's cursor the hour glass by putting:<br />
<br />
<style><br />
<br />
body {cursor:wait;}<br />
<br />
</style><br />
<br />
In the Head section, but I don't know how to make it that while the page is processing information.<!--content-->Here is an example. When you click "wait", the cursor changes to the hopurglass. When you click "auto", it returns to normal. The change is only effective when the mouse is over the body of the document.<br />
<br />
<head><br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
body {cursor: auto}<br />
</style><br />
</head><br />
<body><br />
This is the body<br><br />
<a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"#" onClick="document.body.style.cursor='wait';return false">Wait</a><br><br />
<a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"#" onClick="document.body.style.cursor='auto';return false">Auto</a><br><br />
</body><!--content-->That's so simple! I never thought of that.:)<!--content-->Thank you Zach and Gil. I appreciate your help.<!--content-->I used the code - and it works great for pushing the button to change it to an hourglass and to Auto to stop, but - and maybe I'm thick here -but how do I make it stop when the next page appears after the click. For instance I have an update button defined. When the user clicks on the update button I'd like it to change to the hourglass while it waits to process the request and bring up the update page. <br />
The button is defined like this<br />
<br />
<input type="button" name="Update" value="Update" onclick="UpdateObject(this.form)"><br />
<br />
I think I'm implementing your code wrong. <br />
I really apprecite your help.<br />
Thanks,<!--content-->The links were given as an example. You would have to use your own events and circumstances to start and stop the wait cursor.<br />
<br />
It is easy to start the hourglass by changing the style at the beginning of UpdateObject(). So, how do you know when the update is complete? (It really doesn't have anything to do with the button code you posted.)<!--content-->

Back