Hosts

liunx

when you go get a hosted site they and they give you a certain amount of bandwidth what does that mean? "Bandwidth."<!--content-->They say "bandwidth" but that's not correct. What they mean is "volume." For a given hosting situation you have a limit on the total number of bytes transfered from (and to) your site. If you're in one of those situations just pray you never get mentioned on slashdot. :D<!--content-->Let's say your HTML is 10K, and your images take up 20K. This means when a person goes to your site they Download <!--more--> 30K worth of content, aka use 30K of bandwidth. One month is usually the period of time where the bandwidth is calculated. After a month is over, the bandwidth usage is set back to zero. I can't imagine having a problem with bandwith unless a couple things happen.<br />
<br />
1. You have a very low bandwidth limit in the first place.<br />
<br />
2. You have a heavy use of images and/or Flash.<br />
<br />
3. You have a large amount of viewers within a month.<br />
<br />
4. You use things like tables for layout and your code is very poorly written and bloated, thus giving you a HTML file that's a lot larger than what you should be using.<br />
<br />
The last time I checked, I would have to increase my bandwidth by 100 times(a ball park figure) from what I use now to have any real bandwidth problems.<!--content-->

Back