Hosting Web site on cloud service

rexgranny

Right now I am planning to build a news publication website that should be automatically scalable when traffic is increasing. I have good experience in developing web applications using ASP.NET and PHP. To move forward on selection of specific technology here are some questions for which I need some clarifications.[*]My primary intention is to reduce the hosting charges. If we choose LAMP this will cost lower than ASP.NET on Windows. As my intention is to host web application on cloud service, will this make any difference? Means, for dedicated servers we need to pay extra cost for Windows O/S if you compare it with Linux. If we go for cloud servers, will they charge anything for O/S for each instance or will they just charge on computation hours irrespective of Operating System?[*]Do we have complete control (like dedicated server) on cloud instance to install any other softwares?[*]Do we need to host web server and and database server on multiple instances when traffic is increasing or will a big size instance can handle huge traffic?Please help me on taking a decision by clarifying above.

Back