Horizontal scroll

liunx

on my site, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bizarroproductions.com/lay_6/neeewww.html">http://www.bizarroproductions.com/lay_6/neeewww.html</a><!-- m --> i just recently changed everything to XHTML, and on all the pages but the news page on the home link(i have yet to change that to XHTML) there is an uneeded horizontal scroll in the content iframe, which i haveno idea how to get rid of...any help is appreciated<!--content-->make the content less wide then the iframe and there will be no h scroll. The answer is make the content inside of the iframe fluid so that it will resize to be less wide. Use % for width. So if you make it all style="width:100%;" it will fill the whole iframe with no scroll bar. Here is a suggestion, stop using iframes. Iframes suck.<!--content-->ive made the content less wide, the iframe is 425, and i have made the contet as small as 400, and I have tried making the table 100%, and it still has the h-scroll. This is my first time using Iframes, becuase my layout was all images and still, with this layout I had to use an Iframe<!--content-->I don't know if you changed it since, but I just had a quick look (using Opera 7.5/Linux) and you have no horizontal scroll, which is nice :)<br />
<br />
So either you fixed it, or my browser behaves different to yours...<br />
<br />
The suggestion I was going to make was perhaps try using a scrolling <div> rather than an iframe...either way it looks pretty good to me :)<!--content-->Originally posted by shimon <br />
I don't know if you changed it since, but I just had a quick look (using Opera 7.5/Linux) and you have no horizontal scroll, which is nice :)<br />
<br />
So either you fixed it, or my browser behaves different to yours...<br />
<br />
The suggestion I was going to make was perhaps try using a scrolling <div> rather than an iframe...either way it looks pretty good to me :) yes, iframes are pretty crappy. The best thign to do is a div with a server side include to get the same content on every page (assumeing that is why you use an iframe).<!--content-->how would one create a scrolling div?<!--content--><div style="height:500px; width:500px; overflow:auto;"> When the content in this div is bigger then the div a scroll bar will appear. If the text cannot wrap there will be a h scroll bar, but the text will want to wrap so you are more likely to get a vertical scroll bar.</div><!--content--><div style="height:500px; width:500px; overflow:auto;">Thank you, that worked very well :D </div><!--content-->

Back