Hiding webpage urls on search engings

liunx

I've submitted a website to the major search engines via my controlpanel options. However, in doing so it displays all the websites individual pages as separate page results.<br />
<br />
Is there a way I can hide the other pages from google and other website search engines.<br />
<br />
I use dreamweaver MX on a Mac OS X<br />
<br />
Any help would be appreciated.<br />
G<!--content-->no and that is the whole idea of a search engine. to make everypage available to the users.<br />
<br />
you might use arobot.txt file and block a certain folder from most spiders and search engines. but if the page is in the same folder as the index page then no you cannot block them.<!--content-->woah, that's completely defeating the whole object of getting into the search engines, unless you're still constructing the pages you don't want indexed.<br />
Your best bet is to use the html tag<br />
<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow"> whilst allowing the spider on the page in your robots.txt, in other words don't put anything in it.<!--content-->You will get close to zero visitors to your site if only the index page is listed in the search results.<br />
<br />
Search engines work best when they index every page of the site, as each page of the site will rank for different keywords that a user may type into the search engine when looking for information.<br />
<br />
Make sure the site navigation is clear and that a visitor arriving anywhere on the site has a clear way to get to both the main page for that section of the website as well as the index page for the whole site. <br />
<br />
You might want to have a few select pages not indexed, in which case the:<br />
<meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow"> tag is appropriate. You do need the follow so that the search engine does follow through and spider the pages linked to from that page.<!--content-->the only problem with having it as follow is that that page also gets spidered but with no info being taken from it, it appears blank in serps. This can be solved with a site map and nofollow<!--content-->

Back