Hiding URL info when method=POST

liunx

Hello,<br />
<br />
I'm new to HTML and Javascript.I need some help here.<br />
I developed a html form for login.<br />
<br />
The user has to input Username,password,database.<br />
with this info i'm making a url for connecting to the database in oracle to access reports.<br />
<br />
i can't pass username,password,database fields seperate.<br />
i have to make a field userid=username/password@database and i want to hide this from user.<br />
<br />
i did this using javascript but for some reason it's not working for the first time,it activates oracle's default login and i have to enter username,password,database in that screen and cancel it and again if i enter in my html form it opens the report.<br />
<br />
but if i get input from user as userid=username/password@database it works fine.<br />
i know something wrong with my javascript and calling in the form.can somebody help me to figure out what's wrong and what is the best way to do it.i have attached my file and name of the file is login1.txt<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br />
Neena.<!--content-->Your second hidden field and your javascript function have the same name; 'userid'. Change the name of one or the other.<br />
<br />
There are a few other problems on your form.<br />
<br />
<table> and </table> tags missing<br />
<br />
Reverse the </tr></td> to </td></tr><br />
<br />
onSubmit="javascript:return userid(this)"<br />
This can be written as onSubmit="userid(this)"<br />
<br />
You don't need to clear the field values in your function. You will be going to a new page anyway, so why bother.<!--content-->Thanks that works perfect.i was sitting with this for days.<br />
actually this is my first time coding in javascript and html by reading.do i need to use table tags? where can i use them.<br />
can u guide me.<br />
Thanks..<br />
Neena.<!--content-->Here's how your table should look<br />
<br />
<br />
<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=0> <!-- could be just <table> --><br />
<tr><td>Username :</td><br />
<td>&nbsp;&nbsp;</td><br />
<td><input type=text name="username" value=""></td></tr><br />
<tr><td>Password :</td><br />
<td><input type=password name="password" value=""></td></tr><br />
<tr><td>Database :</td><br />
<td><input type=text name="database" value=""></td></tr><br />
</table><!--content-->Thank you.<!--content-->

Back