hiding task bar links

liunx

I created a web site recently. Unfortunately, people have been copying my source code by right-clicking and view source. I managed to find a small script that brings up a warning message when the right-click button is pressed. But i've noticed that there is a method to view the source and copy it.<br />
<br />
The method is running the mouse cursor over a link on the actual website. This then reveals the address of this link on the taskbar at the bottom. This link address can then be noted and pasted into a new window in the address box and then the View option from the top menu can be selected and then selecting source, which will reveal the source code.<br />
<br />
Is there any way to which i can fully protect the source code?<br />
<br />
Thanx in advance<br />
<br />
Bash<!--content-->Originally posted by bash <br />
Is there any way to which i can fully protect the source code?None. I can think of several ways that I can get at your code and you can defeat not one of them.<!--content-->You can't stop people from stealing your code, but if you put in a couple of measures they might try to find it somewhere easier:<br />
<br />
Use a good no-right-click script<br />
Put some or all of the JavScript or other languages, e.g. CSS in a separate file.<br />
<br />
'Encrypt' your source code - this basically involves swapping all the letters etc in the code for their UniCode equivalents. It will still work, but should make it harder for people to find the bit they want.<br />
<br />
Lastly, why are you so bothered about the source anyway?<!--content-->Why would you want to prevent someone from learning from what you have done? It's people like me that are beginners that need to look at the source to learn how to do this stuff!:confused:<!--content-->i have posted some code up in the JavaScript forms, look up the Heading How do i protect my source code, i think anyway the 1st code is for the No right click which you know the second will not show the status, tool bar etc you can remove this by adding a 1 instead of a 0 in the code eg scrollbar=0<br />
<br />
<!--JavaScript Images--><br />
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript"><br />
<!-- //<br />
function openWindow(url, name, width, height) {mywin = window.open(url, name, 'width=' + width + ',height=' + height + ',toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=0')}<br />
// --><br />
</SCRIPT><br />
<br />
<A href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"javascript:openWindow('main_minted_800.html', 'main_minted',height=600,width=400)">Link goes here</A><br />
<br />
<br />
i use this to show images but you can use this for protecting the source code it only a temp messure and still can be overcome by using such programs as HTTrack this will Download <!--more--> the whole web site with links, Download <!--more-->s, falsh movie etc. but the source code will be messed up and take about 1 to 2 hrs to sort out if you Download <!--more--> this it will contain some code that you can include to provent ppl from donwloading the web site.<br />
<br />
Conker (Expert Programmer)<!--content-->Originally posted by Conker's <br />
the 1st code is for the No right click<br />
<br />
<br />
Which is totally pointless since a visitor will only do one of the following <br />
* shut down JS after he has loaded you webpage<br />
* use a keyboard shortcut<br />
* use the browser menu<br />
* check his internet temp dir<br />
* use a freeware siteripper.<br />
* use a freeware local proxy<br />
<br />
<br />
second will not show the status, tool bar etc you can remove this by adding a 1 instead of a 0 in the code eg scrollbar=0<br />
<br />
<br />
Apart from the above solutions, this can be overridden by a simple pref in all Mozilla browser, without even disabeling JS...<br />
<br />
In short adding these scripts are just a wast of time and is more likely to just annoy the casual visitor then a anything else (no-rightclick eg makes it harder to open a link or image in a new window or tab).<br />
The people that wants to rip off you stuff will not be hindered one bit, you normal benign visitors might see lack of functionallity (and perhaps never bother to come back).<!--content-->

Back