Hiding hyperlinks

liunx

Is there any way I can hide/make a hyperlink inactive on a certain event i.e. when it has been clicked?<br />
<br />
Hiding would be best but either will do :D <br />
<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->some kind of client side script would probably do this.<br />
<br />
I don't use much in the way of client-side, but what you could do is have the script only one click on the link - it won't hide it, but will not work anymore.<br />
<br />
sorry i couldn't be more specific<!--content-->Some JavaScript could do this. Have something like:<br />
<br />
<A HREF=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"" so there is no URL in link, then an onclick event that has the correct URL in it. Supply the URL as a variable so you can set it to "mypage.htm" to begin with then later change it to just "" so that the link is rendered inoperative.<br />
<br />
Beware that Spiders and Search Engines will not be able to follow or index these links, and if Google spots these sort of hidden links you may get banned as they might assume that you are trying to hide links to mirror sites and such like.<!--content-->

Back