Hide/Show element with javascript generated by XSL

josestaysfreshq

I have a xml file containing some data. I would like to display an "extended" view of the data or an overview. I manage to display the extended view with XSL and I am not fighting with javascript to hide some content for the overview.Here is my xml file:\[code\]<BS><project> <name>project1</name> <references id="1"> <ref>ref1</ref> <ref>ref2</ref> <ref>ref3</ref> </references> <references id="2"> <ref>ref4</ref> <ref>ref5</ref> <ref>ref6</ref> </references></project><project> <name>project2</name> <references id="1"> <ref>ref7</ref> <ref>ref8</ref> <ref>ref9</ref> </references></project></BS>\[/code\]and my XSL:\[code\]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><html xsl:version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">function HideClass(matchClass) { var elems = document.getElementsByTagName('*'),i; for (i in elems) { if((elems.className).indexOf(matchClass) > -1) { elems.style.display = 'none'; } } }function ShowClass(matchClass) { var elems = document.getElementsByTagName('*'),i; for (i in elems) { if((elems.className).indexOf(matchClass) > -1) { elems.style.display = 'block'; } } }function ShowOverview() { var elems = document.getElementsByTagName('*'),i; for (i in elems) { if((elems.className).indexOf('id1') > -1) { elems.style.display = 'block'; } else { elems.style.display = 'none'; } } }</script> </head> <body><xsl:for-each select="BS/project"> <h3><xsl:attribute name="class"><xsl:value-of select="name"/>-id1</xsl:attribute> <xsl:value-of select="name"/> </h3> <xsl:for-each select="references"> <div><xsl:attribute name="class"><xsl:value-of select="name"/>-id<xsl:value-of select="@id"/></xsl:attribute> Status: OK<br/> References id: <xsl:value-of select="@id"/> <table> <xsl:for-each select="ref"> <tr><td> <xsl:value-of select="text()"/> </td></tr> </xsl:for-each> </table> </div> <br/> </xsl:for-each> <!-- link Hide--> <xsl:element name="a"> <xsl:attribute name="href">#</xsl:attribute> <xsl:attribute name="onclick">HideClass('<xsl:value-of select="name"/>');return false;</xsl:attribute> <i><xsl:text>Hide </xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="name"/></i> </xsl:element> <!-- end of link --> <br/> <!-- link Show--> <xsl:element name="a"> <xsl:attribute name="href">#</xsl:attribute> <xsl:attribute name="onclick">ShowClass('<xsl:value-of select="name"/>');return false;</xsl:attribute> <i><xsl:text>Show </xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="name"/></i> </xsl:element> <!-- end of link --> <br/></xsl:for-each><hr/><a href="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10874464/#" onclick="ShowOverview();return false;"> Show only overview</a></body></html>\[/code\]But it does not work. I would like to display everything on "load page" (this is working!) and to hide the project 1 (and all its content) while clicking on "Hide project1".Moreover, I would like to display an "overview of all projects" with:
  • the title (ex < h3 > Project 1 < /h3 > )
  • the first references (with status, ref id=1 and the table containing the ref)
for each project while clicking on "Show only overview".But my XSL can only display everything, hide everything or hide just the title !??!Do you have any ideas how I can achieve my goal?Thank you.

Back