hide pages from search engines?

liunx

is there a simple code or script to do hide html pages from search engines?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance<!--content-->Originally posted by channel367 <br />
is there a simple code or script to do hide html pages from search engines?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance <br />
<br />
Why in God's name would you want to do that?! Most people want things to get them better ranks, or even on a search engine! If you are in the rankings, then I'm not sure why you want to not be in the rankings, but there might be a meta tag you could use -- not sure, but if not, then I don't believe there's any way to do what you want. But if you're not indexed, then there's no problem, yes? :p<!--content-->Just use frames on your site, don't specify a doc type, make the keywords and the content completly unrelated and last but not least make sure you have lotts of java script errors. Then you will not only be on no search engines but your site will be very annoying and inaccessable. If you do not submit your site to any search engines it is not getting on any. Someone has to tell a robot to spyder your site or it has to be reviewed by hand before it goes onto an engine.<!--content-->Originally posted by PeOfEo <br />
Someone has to tell a robot to spyder your site or it has to be reviewed by hand before it goes onto an engine. <br />
But that's not true for Google, right? I'm quite sure that Ryan didn't submit his site, but he was indexed within a week.<!--content-->Originally posted by Paul Jr <br />
I'm quite sure that Ryan didn't submit his site, but he was indexed within a week. Correct.<br />
<br />
Also, hiding a page is useful if it is not a public page. For instance, I have added a meta tag to the parts of my site (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ryanbrill.com/">http://www.ryanbrill.com/</a><!-- m -->) (ie. Blog admin) that visitors would not be able to access anyway. Here's the tag:<br />
<br />
<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" /><!--content-->Originally posted by pyro <br />
Here's the tag:<br />
<br />
<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" /> <br />
<br />
I knew there was somethin' like that!<!--content-->you do not have to submit your site to google, they get their sites from the odp mainly from what i have seen.<!--content-->

Back