hide lininformation (in bottom left corner)

windows

Hello!<br />
<br />
I'm making a JSP solution and my question is:<br />
<br />
Is there a way to hide the information in the left bottom corner in a HTML page, the one which get visible when your mousecursor is over a link.<br />
<br />
Thanks for helping me!<!--content-->http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25584<!--content-->Why would you want to hide the information displayed in the status bar? That will ruin the usability of the page. Also note that many browsers will not let you hide the content of the status bar due to this very reason.<!--content-->Hello!<br />
<br />
Why I want to do that is because for the moment I dont have any protected folders to put my pages in. My JSP solution is presenting information depending on the visitor beeing logged in.<br />
For safety I dont want the visitor to see the cataloguestrukture and then directly enter some pages. I have to make the solution more stable so I don't get NullExceptions.<br />
<br />
Why will the usability be ruined if I hide the information in the statusbar?<br />
<br />
// Digital_Storm<br />
<br />
Originally posted by fredmv <br />
Why would you want to hide the information displayed in the status bar? That will ruin the usability of the page. Also note that many browsers will not let you hide the content of the status bar due to this very reason.<!--content-->The main reason it ruins usability is because it lets the user know what's going on in the page (e.g., what the current link their cursor is over points to, the current progress of the page loading, etc.). However, if you want to hide the content of the status bar because you don't want the user to see the URI for the link their cursor is over, just remember there are other ways to obtain it. I suppose in your specific situation this is kind of acceptable, but like you already said, you should make the JSP application more stable so if the user were to access a different part of it, the application wouldn't throw any exceptions.<!--content-->

Back