Hidden/Visible <DIV areas

liunx

I'm having a problem with sections of my HTML code that are controlled by <DIV's that are initially hidden. When I make the areas available (visible) I hae problems with checkboxes and radio buttons and even regular button not be recognized. You press the button and nothing happens, or I have a list of checkboxes that have 7 items and you cannot check some of the boxes.<br />
<br />
I'm running in IE and using Javascript.<!--content-->Without seeing the code it is just a guess, but I suspect you have layers overlapping, and the mouse cna only see the top layer, so any events on the underlying layer are ignored.<br />
<br />
Cd&<!--content-->is there anything I can do here. Of course, the different <DIV's contains different size items. Anything easy short of trying to figure out the size's?<!--content-->we can't tell you what to do if we can't see what is happening.<!--content-->======<br />
Part A<br />
======<br />
Part B<br />
Part C<br />
Part D<br />
<br />
Let's say that Part A is always visible on the form. I have different <DIV's for Part's B, C, and D.<br />
When I had a style of ABSOLUTE associated to those DIV's I had the problem explained above. When I changed the ABSOLUTE to RELATIVE the fields all work fine now but can I position each DIV part of my form so that they all appear right under Part A like Part B does now. Part B would go away and Part C would be ther and so on. The RELATIVE info I use now is TOP:0; and LEFT:0;<br />
<br />
Jim<!--content-->anytime you absolute position things it sets the z-index of that item.<br />
<br />
without seeing the code it ia hard to judge wha tis happening. just change the z-index of the absolute container<!--content-->thanks for the help. I'm quite new to the layers, absolute/relative and especially z-index thing! <br />
<br />
My next question would be, "what is a good developer package to have"? Javascript/HTML Debugging tool?<br />
<br />
Jim<!--content-->mozilla browser and notepad is all you need. well is all I need. :P<!--content-->

Back