help with two html problems

liunx

Hi everyone.<br />
I think I have two simple questions for someone who knows what he is doing...<br />
I am a designer, so I know my way around Photoshop, Flash etc I do write a nice and clean html, but I can use help with that last one:<br />
<br />
So here my questions:<br />
<br />
1. If I want a td to be a link, and not what is in the td, but the td itself. What do I do. I am sure with dhtml it is makable.<br />
<br />
2. where do I chose the size of the textboxe. Lets say there was a form with name: and then here a textbox of one line. how do I make it thinner?<br />
<br />
hope to get good answers....<br />
<br />
thanks caro<!--content-->Originally posted by chanda <br />
1. If I want a td to be a link, and not what is in the td, but the td itself. What do I do. I am sure with dhtml it is makable.I use this code to make my TD a link (bold part):<br />
<br />
<td width="100%" align="center" onClick="location.href='http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/main.html'"><a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"main.html">HOME</a></td><br />
<br />
Originally posted by chanda <br />
2. where do I chose the size of the textboxe. Lets say there was a form with name: and then here a textbox of one line. how do I make it thinner?<br />
You change the size by changing the SIZE value:<br />
<br />
<input type="text" name="address" size="31"><!--content-->thank you for the quick answer... and it realy works, the thing with the linked td,<br />
BUT<br />
how do I make the curser go a hand, so that ppl will know that it is clickable?<br />
<br />
do you happen to know that to? that would be wonderful.<br />
<br />
about the size in the textbox. The size is for the lenght, I need to know how to modifie the height of the textbox.<br />
<br />
yours <br />
chanda<!--content-->Originally posted by chanda <br />
thank you for the quick answer... and it realy works, the thing with the linked td,<br />
BUT<br />
how do I make the curser go a hand, so that ppl will know that it is clickable?<br />
<br />
do you happen to know that to? that would be wonderful.<br />
<br />
about the size in the textbox. The size is for the lenght, I need to know how to modifie the height of the textbox.<br />
<br />
yours <br />
chanda 1. To modify the height of the textbox, you have to change the font size, otherwise you have to use a textarea box:<br />
<br />
<input type="text" name="phone" size="20" style="font-size: 30pt"><br />
<br />
2. To change the cursor, use this (bold part)...the mouseover/out code is to change the row colour:<br />
<br />
<td width="100%" align="center" onMouseover="style.backgroundColor='#000000'"<br />
onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#008000'; style.cursor='hand'"<br />
onClick=".location.href='http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/main.html'"><a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"main.html">HOME</a></td><!--content-->it'd be a lot easier to do something like this:<br />
<br />
<br />
<head><br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
.cursor { cursor: hand}<br />
--><br />
</style><br />
</head><br />
.<br />
.<br />
.<br />
.<br />
<td class="cursor" onClick=".location.href='http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/main.html'"><!--content-->thanks so much, <br />
all works great.<br />
it's all so simple I feel stupid for not having been able to figure out by my self....<br />
<br />
this forum is so cool<br />
<br />
chanda<!--content-->glad we could help :)<!--content-->I just had to realize that neither link nor cursor becomes hand work on netscape? do you know why?<br />
<br />
how do I make dhtml work on netscape?<br />
<br />
even my stylesheetline for the regular mouseovers don't work in Netscape 4.5<br />
<br />
A.redish:hover{color:#000000; font: 11px Tahoma, Arial ;font-weight: bold; text-decoration:underline; }<br />
<br />
do you know why?<br />
<br />
I also have a little script for changing the bgcolor of the td on mouseover who doesn't work of course ion Netscape.<br />
<br />
here it is:<br />
<br />
<script language="JavaScript1.2"><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
function changeto(highlightcolor){<br />
source=event.srcElement<br />
if (source.tagName=="TR"||source.tagName=="TABLE")<br />
return<br />
while(source.tagName!="TD")<br />
source=source.parentElement<br />
if (source.style.backgroundColor!=highlightcolor&&source.id!="ignore")<br />
source.style.backgroundColor=highlightcolor<br />
}<br />
<br />
function changeback(originalcolor){<br />
if (event.fromElement.contains(event.toElement)||source.contains(event.toElement)||source.id=="ignore")<br />
return<br />
if (event.toElement!=source)<br />
source.style.backgroundColor=originalcolor<br />
}<br />
</script><br />
<br />
<br />
<table align="center" bgcolor="#EFEDED" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="1" bordercolor=black width=107 height=22 onMouseover="changeto('#A72C32')" onMouseout="changeback('#EFEDED')"><br />
<br />
<br />
what am I doing wrong? is there a way to make this Netscape compatible?<br />
<br />
any of you geniuses have an idea....<br />
please?<br />
<br />
chanda<!--content-->well Netscape4.xx will not adhere to 75% of css. so you will be lucky to get anything in css to work on Netscape 4.xx. also the hover doesn't work in Ns4.xxx, the mouseovers should work but can't tell you why yours doesn't.<!--content-->Actually, style.cursor='hand' will not work in netscape.<br />
<br />
You need to change "hand" to "pointer". Give it a try. Let me know if it doesn't work.<!--content-->

Back