Help with scrollbars?!

I can't figure out how to add a scrollbar to the left side of my webpage...please help:)<!--content-->Hi<br />
<br />
I'm not sure, but this might do what you're looking for, cut and paste into an HTML document and give it a try.<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<br />
<body><br />
<div style="position: absolute; left: 70px; top: 30px; bottom: 20px; height= 85%; width=20%; overflow: scroll;border: solid 3px;<br />
border-color: #FFFFF"><br />
<p>Text here</p><br />
<p>Text here</p><br />
<p>Text here</p><br />
</div><br />
</body><br />
<br />
</html><br />
<br />
HTH<!--content-->The answer is you cannot with HTML unless you use some weird illegal HTML and CSS hacks.<!--content-->I wasn't too sure but I didn't think it could be done, I thought that my suggestion might be a workaround for it!<br />
<br />
That said, out of interest, why do you want to put a scrollbar on the left hand side?<!--content-->Thanks for the help, I'm still working with it but when I cut and paste the HTML it just gives me a box, maybe I'll have to give up on the scrollbar anyways. I just wanted a scrollbar on the left because it looks different and I saw a website that I liked and I was trying to get the same kind of layout look.<!--content-->Don't you think a scrollbar on the left could confuse some users, as they will be expecting it on their right? No, it is best to leave the users browser alone...<!--content-->I know that it will only give you a box, but it was the closest I could think of to get a scrollbar sort of down the left of the page, best I could come up with I'm afraid!<br />
<br />
I appreciate the need to be different in a time where people are going 'design crazy', but sometimes it's not the best idea, I'm afraid I'm with Pyro on this one! Users expect the scrollbar on the right, I'd keep it where they expect it to be. Usability etc...<br />
<br />
Failing that, best of luck finding a solution!<!--content-->I know that it will only give you a box, but it was the closest I could think of to get a scrollbar sort of down the left of the page, best I could come up with I'm afraid!<br />
<br />
I appreciate the need to be different in a time where people are going 'design crazy', but sometimes it's not the best idea, I'm afraid I'm with Pyro on this one! Users expect the scrollbar on the right, I'd keep it where they expect it to be. Usability etc...<br />
<br />
Failing that and best of luck finding a solution!<!--content-->Thanks for the thoughts then....I'll probably just stick with frames...<!--content-->

Back