help with hyperlinks

Howdy!<br />
<br />
I am a newbie here and could use a "little" help.<br />
<br />
I have several doorway pages directing traffic to my main website. Once they get to my main website, I would like to prevent them from returning (back button) to the doorway page. Is there any type of code to insert into the hyperlink to accomplish this?:confused:<!--content-->With the link that opens up your site maybe try <br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"yoursite.com" target="_blank">Your Site</a> <br />
This would open up a new window, I dont know if this is what you want your not.<!--content-->WhSox21~<br />
<br />
Thanks for the reply!<br />
<br />
That's not really what I meant though. Have you ever gone onto someone's links page, clicked on a link and then tried to go "back" to the links page but ended up getting stuck on the site you "clicked" on? That's pretty much what I am trying to make happen.<br />
<br />
When someone goes on my doorway page and clicks thru to my real site, I don't want them to be able to go back. I don't know if I explained it very well!<br />
<br />
Thanks again!:D<!--content-->Well in that case you are not goin to be able to use html. You will need to use JavaScript although I don't know javascript to help but that is probably how it is done!<!--content-->WhSox21~<br />
<br />
Thanks for the tip!<br />
<br />
Anybody out there know javascript???<br />
<br />
:confused: :confused: :confused: <br />
<br />
Am I even in the correct forum???<br />
<br />
<br />
All replies welcome.<!--content-->Originally posted by mrd250 <br />
WhSox21~<br />
<br />
Thanks for the tip!<br />
<br />
Anybody out there know javascript???<br />
<br />
<br />
Am I even in the correct forum???<br />
<br />
<br />
All replies welcome. <br />
correct forum=client side scripting.<br />
I believe javascript is the way to go.<br />
btw welcome to teh forums.<br />
:badbob::rocker:<!--content-->:rocker: <br />
Thanks willamoose!<!--content-->I'm also new..but wouldn't a "meta" tag also help to accomplish that? Just a thought..might be wrong.:P<!--content-->mrd250<br />
Once they get to my main website, I would like to prevent them from returning (back button) to the doorway page <br />
<br />
Davinci27 <br />
I'm also new..but wouldn't a "meta" tag also help to accomplish that? Just a thought..might be wrong <br />
<br />
i am not so new, but not as experienced as these other guys like Scoutt. but i think you are right Davinci.<br />
<br />
you could have a dummy page with the following META TAG<br />
<br />
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="n;URL=http://www.blah.com/page.html"><br />
<br />
where n is the time in seconds before the next page is loaded.<br />
<br />
Then, they click on the doorway link, it opens the dummy page, which instantly redirects to your main site. if the time delay is set to 1 then they won't notice the redirect.<br />
<br />
Plus, whenever they click on the "back" button, the go back to the dummy page, which pretty much instantly returns them to the main site again.<br />
<br />
Nothing to stop them selecting the doorway from their history though.<!--content-->

Back