help with frame/table question please

windows

Hi:<br />
<br />
I'm trying to build a site which all lives in a 750 x 600 space. I'd love for it to 'float', centered in white if the user's browser is any larger than this, and maintain its size so the user has to scroll if the window is smaller.<br />
<br />
I know how to do this with a table, but my issue is I need to have the functionality of frames. I need one of the components of this site to be independently scrollable HTML, which I suppose makes it certain that I have to use frames.<br />
<br />
What I cannot seem to do, however, is figure out a way to get this functionality (as well as the ability to load new content in) while keeping the ability to lock down the size as I can with a table.<br />
<br />
Are there any workarounds that anyone knows of? Thanks in advance for your help.<br />
<br />
Rob<!--content-->Rob,<br />
Your answer is to use inline or floating frames. Like you say, you can make the table the required size so that user's with larger browser windows see white, and smaller window users have to scroll.<br />
Do something like this:<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
</head><br />
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><br />
<table width="750" height="600" align="center"><br />
<tr><br />
<td width="100%" height="20%"><br />
<iframe name="frame1" width="100%" height="100%" src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"menu.html" scrolling="auto"><br />
</iframe><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td width="100%" height="80%"><br />
<iframe iframe name="frame1" width="100%" height="100%" src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"main.html" scrolling="auto"><br />
</iframe><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
</body><br />
</html><br />
<br />
Where 'menu.html' is your file to show in the top frame and 'main.html' is your file for the main frmae.<br />
<br />
Hope that helps. Good Luck :)<br />
<br />
Inch<!--content-->this problem can also be solved by using regular frames. <br />
<br />
what you want to do is allow the page to expand with the increase in reslution size. So declare the frames in percentage values. <br />
<br />
But you want to keep consistant the size of your pages. So put your stuff in fixed table sizes, and call them in the frameset.<!--content-->

Back