help with fonts

liunx

hello i'm wanting to put a special (uncommon) font on my site is there a way of doing this w/o having to have everyone that visits the site to Download <!--more--> the font? if so could someone please help me with this...i have the font uploaded to the server already just can't get it to show..but that could be cause i have no idea how to do that...lol...well thanks in advance for the help<!--content-->this is an especially tricky subject. you could look into doing EOT (embedded open-type) fonts, but the drawbacks are pretty serious. for one, you have to either find a decent font that is already EOT (HA! GOOD LUCK!), or you have to convert it yourself. once converted, the font is automatically Download <!--more-->ed onto the users computer, but that particular font can only be used with the website it was Download <!--more-->ed from. so if the user goes to another site and gets the same font before they come to you, however unlikely that scenario may be, they'll STILL not be able to see your font.<br />
<br />
my suggestion would be to simply encourage people to Download <!--more--> the font you want them to use, OR to make simple GIF graphics of the words or phrases you want to display in that font instead.<br />
<br />
there are, of course, legal issues with distributing fonts (in ANY format) as well, so it would be best to simply provide a link to a legit site that offers the font for Download <!--more-->, or to use the graphic method.<!--content-->Nice answer Trans..<br />
props<!--content-->hehe, thanks... i tried this once. i don't generally give up easily, but on this issue, i was glad to! what a headache...<!--content-->actually there is a setting that you can put in the htaccess file that will do it. I think it has been asked before and that was teh answer. try searching these totally fabulous forums for it :P<!--content-->

Back