Help! this is freaking me out

haxxor23

ok ok....i'm totally freaked and i'm literally pulling hair outa my head....

the little graphic next to the drop down menus is appearing distorted, menu_open.gif....

thing is, it only distorts on IE, not FF....and what's even weirder is that it works properly on my test forums with the same theme, templates and css!!!!!

here's the graphic on my nav bar, same thing happens everywhere there is a drop down:

nav.jpg

and here it is on my test forums, displaying properly....

navproper.jpg

even when i replace the menu_open.gif with another graphic...same thing...it distorts again......damn weird.....does anyone know what's going on here???

haxxor23

ok, for anyone freaking out like me here's a fix,

edit clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js

around line 174, after img.border = 0;

add :

img.width = x;
img.height = y;

where x is the width of the menu_open.gif image, and y is the height....

that solves the issue.

but i can't for the life of me figure out why it appears distorted on one of my forums, and not on the other.....weird....that's whats bugging me and I can't help but think I have an error somewhere in my forums...

haxxor23

yup, I.E 6 with all the annoying updates...especially the stupid one that tells you "click to activate and use this control" for swf flash files...

but if it is a problem with i.e, then why does my test forum display correctly?

Daz

are the file types exactly the same i.e png. gifs. jpegs any changes here could effect i.e 6

haxxor23

well, apparently alot of other people are having the same problem with I.E and the drop down graphic....so just use the fix i posted for vbulletin_menu.js, as no one really knows why the problem occurs...