Help Please.....

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to create my website Index page using tables. What I'd like to do is... have blocks on the left and right of my page with links to "whatever" And in the middle I'd like to have content that would give site info and what not. Now can someone please help me with this. I have read so much stuff with tables but I get totally confused with <tr>&<tb>.<br />
Also I'd like to use a nice layed out background, maybe a templet? Can some list some links to some nice free ones?<br />
<br />
Thank very much for your time. :) <br />
buffy<!--content-->The differance with <tr> and <td> (wich is what i asume ure asking not tb) is that <tr> stands for table row this signifies the start of a new row (The ammount of cells up and down.) <td> on the other hand stands for table data and is used to introduce another column in that area.<br />
<br />
A simple table to produce a basic table that has a 2X2 configuration (two rows and two columns) you need this code below:<br />
<br />
<table><br />
<tr><br />
<td>Content for the upper left cell</td><br />
<td>Content for the upper right cell</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td>Content for the lower left cell</td><br />
<td>content for the lower right cell</td><br />
</tr><br />
<br />
<br />
for good tutorials go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.w3schools.com">www.w3schools.com</a><!-- w --> they have a good html tutorial ther that would help you on your way.<!--content-->Thank you Bonkom, that page layout is exactly what I'm looking for. I hope I learn some. Now to ask the other question, any good free templates with same layout?<!--content-->http://www.draac.com/tablepage2.html<!--content-->Yes that's exactly it! :) <br />
Thank you I'll go take a look.<br />
<br />
BBL....<br />
buffy<!--content-->I hope I am allowed to post a link here, because I found what it is that I would like to do.<br />
Please take a look at this...<br />
templates.thehotweb.net/ (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://templates.thehotweb.net/">http://templates.thehotweb.net/</a><!-- m -->) <br />
I would like a temple like that, then have, like polls, news, login, password and other little things like that on the side of page, and of course this and that in the middle.<br />
But how to create the template. Is the big :confused:<!--content-->well you have two options the first is to use a template from somewhere like that link you gave just d/l the design and customise to your liking adding content and more pages.<br />
<br />
Or the alternative is to create the design yourself. to do this the best way i have found is to take all the elements of different sites you have seen then start to draw your site out combining those as best you can. Once you have a good layout that you like the look of take a pencil and draw the lines that you would find on a table to split it all up, take those sections that you come up with and start to create those on your graphics program and then design your table that will fit them all together and heypresto you have a website.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps.<br />
<br />
Bonkom :pimp:<!--content-->Originally posted by Bonkom <br />
well you have two options the first is to use a template from somewhere like that link you gave just d/l the design and customise to your liking adding content and more pages.<br />
<br />
Or the alternative is to create the design yourself. to do this the best way i have found is to take all the elements of different sites you have seen then start to draw your site out combining those as best you can. Once you have a good layout that you like the look of take a pencil and draw the lines that you would find on a table to split it all up, take those sections that you come up with and start to create those on your graphics program and then design your table that will fit them all together and heypresto you have a website.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps.<br />
<br />
Bonkom :pimp: <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
EHHHHHHH..........man oh man! That hurt soooooooo much.:confused: What you talking about boy???? LOL<!--content-->what he was trying to say is - building a templat is not as easy as you think. if you have graphics that layout then you will need to dice them up so they load faster, other than that it is a bunch of tables and such.<br />
<br />
the main part is to jsut make the page then once you start addin gstuff to it then you can cut it up and make a temlate out of that. or just Download <!--more--> a template form anotehr site.<!--content-->Hmmmmmmmm.....that is alot of work! And I don't think I could ever accomplish such task :( <br />
I am wrecking my mind figuring out what to do? <br />
Thanks for all your help.<br />
BBL<br />
^buffy^<!--content-->

Back