help on background in a table

liunx

I'm creating some title that will be on each page and there an image behind each title so I create 25 image of 25 different size to fit any lenght of text and create a table so it always keep it in the center<br />
example <center><TABLE BORDER="0" cellpadding="0" CELLSPACING="0"><br />
<TR ><br />
<br />
<TD BACKGROUND="ImageTitre/titre22.jpg" VALIGN="center" RESIZE="NO"><br />
<br />
<FONT SIZE="+2" COLOR="black" NOBR><NOBR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Joe Burns at Work&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></TD><br />
<br />
</TR><br />
</TABLE><br />
My problem is the backgorund always little bit larger of the text and I don't want to change the size of the td each time is it possible to tell the td to be the size of the background without resizing or duplicate so it always fit ???<!--content-->What about if you drop all that crap code you have now and just do<br />
<br />
<h1 style="text-align:center; font-size:150%"><span style="background:url(yourimage.png) no-repeat center;">Joe Burns at Work</span></h1><!--content-->Stefan:<br />
<br />
Why did you apply the background to the SPAN instead of the H1? Is this bug avoidance?<!--content-->Originally posted by gil davis <br />
Stefan:<br />
<br />
Why did you apply the background to the SPAN instead of the H1? Is this bug avoidance? <br />
<br />
Opps. When I read the origianl post again I see that I misread it the first time. The span is not needed at all.<br />
<br />
<h1 style="text-align:center; font-size:150%; ackground:url(yourimage.png) no-repeat center;">Joe Burns at Work</h1><br />
<br />
will work just fine.<br />
Thanks for bringing my attention to it :)<!--content-->

Back