help me to set i.e. browser dimension :S

admin

Administrator
Staff member
heylo<br />
im a newbie HTMLer, and hum, I'm starting a flash website... the dimensions of the flash are : 500*500<br />
I want to set the browser window to 500*500 everytime someone goes on my website.. and remove the scroll bar<br />
<br />
could someone help me and post a script that could set the browser dimensions and remove the scrollbar? :S<br />
(i know im such a newbie! :o)<br />
<br />
thanks<br />
<br />
by the way here's my website :www.boohoo.fatcake.com<br />
there's nothing much on it, cuz i just started to work on it 3 or 4 days ago :P<!--content-->This code will give you the screen size:<br />
<br />
<script language="Javascript"><br />
self.moveTo(0,40)<br />
self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,(screen.availHeight-200))<br />
<br />
</script><br />
<br />
Not sure how to get rid of the scrollbar.....<!--content-->if you did not open the window with a javascript from your site then you can't remove the scroll bar.<!--content-->ah oki ^^<br />
thanks for the script :) , i'll keep the scroll bar then :P<!--content-->one thing i've noticed while browsing through the forums is that people dont seem to be focusing on creating usable sites, just sites that look good...<!--content-->ur talking about my website? :(<br />
it's not useful yet, but it will be, i playing a little online game called subspace, where players can have a little banners next to their name. I did a lot of those banners for the squad that im in... so i wanted to post em on a website :P<br />
I'll also post banners that have been sent to me<br />
anyway, its also a personal page so.. :P<!--content-->for the srollbars inbetween the body tags put scroll="no",<br />
don't make a habit of that though because if there is overflow it will not be accessible, better use <br />
scroll="auto"<!--content-->Originally posted by BooHoo! <br />
ur talking about my website? :(<br />
it's not useful yet, but it will be, i playing a little online game called subspace, where players can have a little banners next to their name. I did a lot of those banners for the squad that im in... so i wanted to post em on a website :P<br />
I'll also post banners that have been sent to me<br />
anyway, its also a personal page so.. :P <br />
<br />
no no, i wasnt referring to your site in particular. i was just saying that taking the ability to resize the browser window from the user reduces the usability of the website.<br />
<br />
Alot of people seem to go for looks rather than usability. The auto property would probably be more suitable, like the person previous stated :)<!--content-->ahh oki! sorry lol ;)<!--content-->

Back