Help me :( can't get this to vertically align to the middle!!!

windows

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><br />
<head><br />
<title>ZoneDesigns Coming Soon!</title><br />
<br />
<script language="JavaScript1.2"><br />
<br />
var bookmarkurl="http://www.zonedesigns.com"<br />
var bookmarktitle="..||ZoneDesigns||.."<br />
<br />
function addbookmark(){<br />
if (document.all)<br />
window.external.AddFavorite(bookmarkurl,bookmarktitle)<br />
}<br />
<br />
</script><br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
a:visited {color:#000000; text-decoration: none; }<br />
a:link {color:#000000; text-decoration: none; }<br />
a:hover{color:#454545; text-decoration:none; }<br />
a:active {color:#454545; text-decoration:none; }<br />
--><br />
</style><br />
<br />
</head><br />
<body bgcolor="#C0C0C0" text="#000000"><br />
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="100%"><br />
<tr><br />
<td valign="middle"><br />
<div align="center"><br />
<center><br />
<table style="border: 1px #000000 dotted;" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="60%" height="60%" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><br />
<tr><br />
<td valign="middle" width="100%" height="100%" align="center"><br />
<div align="center"><br />
<font face="verdana" size="3"><br />
<b><br />
ZoneDesigns Coming Soon!</b><br />
</font><br />
<br /><br />
<font face="verdana" size="1"><br />
<b><br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"javascript:addbookmark()"><br />
Bookmark<br />
</a><br />
</b><br />
</font><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
</center><br />
</div><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
</body><br />
</html><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Right there's my page, now what I want to do is make that white table be vertically aligned to the middle of the page, i know there must be a simple solution but I can't figure it out!! and it's starting to annoy me, so I'm wondering if anyone of you could help me make the change so I can get it to work :)<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<!--content-->im a little unsure as to what you mean because when i saved the text as a .html and ran it, everything seemed ok<br />
<br />
maybe im not picking you up right:)<!--content-->I want it to be right in the middle of the whole page, ie. vertically centre and horizontally centre, right in the middle of the whole page.<!--content-->i know why i thought it was ok now<br />
<br />
in opera : it looks perfect<br />
in IE which im assuming your using : it is aligned near the top<br />
in netscape : the box is very small but it is centered<br />
<br />
now, i think the best thing to do would be to change your table from liquid to fixed - ie . instead of saying width=100%, make a table of say 300 pixels wide and 300 pixels high and center it<br />
<br />
now place this table in another table which is liquid and it should work on all three browsers (i hope);)<!--content-->it works! It was just the percentages then, damnit lol, thanks for the help.<!--content-->no probs<br />
<br />
the reason i thought it worked perfect at first is because i opened it in opera<br />
<br />
:)<!--content-->it wasn't the percentages. it was because you were asking for 100%. use 80% instead and then it will look fine in all browers and resolutions.<!--content-->what is a liquid table?<!--content-->a fixed table is when you specify the size of the table in pixels eg. width="750" and the size of the table always stays the same in every browser<br />
<br />
a liquid table is defined in percantage eg width="95%" and the number of pixels in width depends on the size of the viewers resolution <br />
<br />
;)<!--content-->ah, pretty simple really then. Thanks fonz<!--content-->

Back